Take part in the ABPA Applicable Research Award.
Researchers and scholars at the undergraduate and graduate levels can take part in this award, one of the most important scientific awards in the animal protein sector.
The winner will accompany ABPA on an international mission!
See the rules below:
Registration is now open for the ABPA Applicable Research Award. Students and researchers can start to prepare for the science award promoted by the Brazilian Association of Animal Protein (ABPA), awarding the applicability of academic research to poultry and pig farming in Brazil.
Papers may be registered under one of the three following areas:
- Production (management, improvement, reproduction, health, animal welfare and sustainability);
- Nutrition; and
- Processing (slaughter, processing, meat and egg quality).
Papers will be evaluated by a panel made up of specialists from universities, companies and research centers, from various areas of agroindustrial production, which will determine scores based on merit, compliance with the award’s rules, applicability of content and the clarity of oral arguments for the best papers.
The main author of the winning paper will travel to Germany to take part in the ANUGA show, in October 2019 – with lodging and travel costs paid by ABPA. Pending interest from the winner and mutual agreement by ABPA, this trip may be exchanged for participation in the Gulfood Show in Dubai, in February 2020. Only papers accepted by the panel will compete for the prize.
The sixth edition of the Award is fostering interaction between researchers and the agroindustrial chain, recognizing research that can indeed be used by poultry, pork and egg production companies.
The author(s) of the 10 (ten) best papers will be called to give a 15-minute oral presentation (10 minutes for arguments and 5 for questions) of the paper during the second day of the Congress. After the selected papers have been presented, the panel will finalize its evaluation of the papers.
The results will be announced on the last day of the event, at a time to be determined, during the International Poultry and Pork Show (SIAVS 2019), the largest and most important meeting of the poultry and pork sectors in Brazil, to be held August 27 to 29, 2019, in São Paulo (SP), at the Anhembi Convention Center.
Dates and Deadlines
06/Mar/19 – First day that Papers may be submitted.
18/Apr/19 – Last day that Papers may be submitted.
22/Apr/19 – 26/Apr/19 – Deadline for Panel to evaluate papers.
10/May/19 – Cut-off date for acceptance of papers sent and date registration opens.
31/May/19 – Deadline for at least one of the authors for the accepted paper to register for SIAVS 2019 and submit proof so that the paper can compete for the award and be included in the annals of the Congress.
– Graduate students may register under the “student” category.
-Deadline for at least one of the authors for the accepted paper to register for SIAVS 2019 and submit proof so that the paper can compete for the award and be included in the Annals of the Congress.
25/Jun/19 – Cut-off date for authors to be notified that their papers were selected for oral presentations at SIAVS 2019.
28/Aug/19 – Oral presentation of selected papers.
See the Award rules below:
RULES FOR SUBMITTING PAPERS
- GENERAL INFORMATION
1.1 Papers approved by the Panel will be presented in poster form and made available in the Annals of the event;
1.2 Papers should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org, one paper per message, along with the following information:
Full title of paper
Area under which it is being registered
Full name of the main author of the paper – this person will compete for the prize and will receive the certificate for the paper registered in the SIAVS
Full name of the person who will present the paper – this person will receive the oral presentation certificate, if the paper is selected.
1.3. The authors should choose one of the following thematic areas;
- Production (management, improvement, reproduction, health, animal welfare and sustainability);
2. Nutrition; or
3. Processing (slaughter, processing, meat and egg quality).
1.4. The deadline for submitting papers is April 18, 2019;
1.5. Only papers in Word format will be accepted;
1.6. Monograph abstracts will not be accepted;
1.7. The term of acceptance for the paper will be sent by e-mail by May 10, 2019;
1.8. Only papers written by an author that is duly registered as a congress-goer by May 31, 2019 will be shown and published;
1.9. Up to 2 (two) papers will be accepted per author registered in the event, with the prize being awarded to the paper’s main author.
2.1. Abstracts may be written in Portuguese, English or Spanish;
2.2. Abstracts and papers will not be corrected by the Panel;
2.3. The abstract must have a maximum of 2 (two) pages, containing:
Title, author(s), abstract, introduction, material and methods, results and discussion, conclusion and bibliography;
2.3.1. The first name on the list of authors will be considered as the main author of the paper.
2.4. Corrected abstracts and papers may be written in Portuguese, English or Spanish, with an abstract in English (when the paper is written in Portuguese or Spanish) or in Portuguese (when written in Spanish or English).
2.5. Text format standards (abstract and corrected paper):
• A4 (21 x 29.7 cm);
• All margins 1.5 cm;
• Single spaced;
• Arial font, size 11;
• Title with, at most, 3 (three) lines, in bold, uppercase letters, center alignment;
• Author identification: abbreviated name(s) with last name written out in full (ex: AR Pereira). Center alignment; the author that will make any oral arguments for the paper must be identified with an asterisk.
• Identification of affiliation: institute, department, university, city, state, country, in italic, center alignment. For different affiliations, each author name should be accompanied by a superscript number in bold. Affiliations should be listed on the line underneath, separated by semicolons, preceded by their corresponding numbers;
• Blank line (between the title and the text);
• Text: single column;
• Subtitles (Introduction, Material and Methods, Results and Discussion, Conclusion and Bibliography): bold, justified alignment;
• Subtitle items or topics (if any): italic, justified alignment;
• There must be a blank line before each subtitle, but never between a subtitle and its topics;
• Bibliographic citations in the body of the paper: the author’s last name must only be written with the first letter in uppercase, followed by a comma and the date of publication. When the paper cited has two authors, their names should be written with an ampersand (&); when the paper has three or more authors, only the last name of the first author should be used, followed by et al.;
• Formatting of text and tables: justified alignment, italics only for foreign or Latin words;
• Bibliography: in alphabetical order, justified alignment, with the first line respecting the margin of the text and the other lines with a 3 character indent.
All papers accepted should make a poster to place at the event, including those selected for oral presentation.
The poster should be 0.90 x 110 cm and should contain the following for the paper presented: Title, Author(s), Abstract, Introduction, Material and Methods, Results and Discussion, Conclusion and Bibliography.
Those responsible should hang the posters at the first day of the event, from 8 AM to 10:30 AM, using the code received upon acceptance of the paper. Double-sided tape should be used to hang posters.
Posters should be removed on the last day of the SIAVS, starting at 1 PM.
EVALUATION AND AWARD OF PAPERS
3.1. Papers will be evaluated by a Panel made up of specialists from different areas of agroindustrial production;
3.2. Papers accepted for presentation and publication will compete for the ABPA Applicable Poultry and Pig Farming Research Award;
3.3. Competing papers will be scored according to their scientific merit and to the applicability of content, according to the Panel’s evaluation.
3.4. The winning paper will receive a diploma as representation of the award.
- PRESENTATION OF PAPERS
4.1. The 9 (nine) best papers will be presented orally to the Panel on the second day of the Congress at a time and in a place to be determined.
The main author of the winning paper will travel to Germany in October 2019, to take part in the ANUGA show, with the ABPA team, according to the rules below:
Pending interest from the winner and mutual agreement by ABPA, this trip may be exchanged for participation in the Gulfood Show in Dubai, in February 2020.
5.1. ABPA will pay for airfare from the winner’s city of residence in Brazil to São Paulo and for international airfare according to the ABPA team’s itinerary;
5.2. In the event the winner wishes to change the itinerary of the international flight or departure and return dates, the costs related to these changes will not be paid for by ABPA;
5.3. The winner should remain at the show with the ABPA team for at least the first 3 (three) days of the event;
5.4. ABPA will pay for lodging costs at the hotel where the ABPA team will stay, in a single or double room (if there is a need to share a room with a team member), for the period when the ABPA team is working;
5.5. Transportation and meal costs during the show and that take place along with the ABPA team will also be paid by the Association;
5.6. All other costs, such as changes to tickets (date and/or itinerary), passport issuance , changes to hotel and/or accommodation type, meals and transportation requested or taken by the winner when not accompanied by the ABPA team must be paid for by the award winner.
Additional information: email@example.com